Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Baby Jesus (and His pony?) in the Manger at my SL church







Okay....all the chicks, and the rooster, are in the nest. And the hen is blogging! It doesn't get any better! Two weeks down, two to go on our holiday homeleave. It has been wonderful so far and I am giddy thinking about how much fun is yet to come. Corny, but true! I have managed to decorate the tree and do some shopping. Notice the wrappped gifts under the branches! Earliest ever, I think. I do still have lots of wrapping left to do...but it's a start. (I should really consider my friend Sherry's suggestion and wrap everything in pillowcases!) I am spending my time doing much more important things, like hanging with the guys and having coffee with friends. (usually hazlenut or gingerbread latte, or something of that sort) Oh yeah, and did I mention eating out? Have had most wonderful lunches and dinners with some of those nearest and dearest to my heart. Parties? Did I say parties? Youth group party, grown up parties....even parties where the grown up ladies all wore matching Christmas ball earrings! (mine were purple!) Now, that is grown up! Christmas would not be Christmas without celebrating our Christmas baby's birthday. Saturday was Sam's 15th (soon to be on the roads!) and we spent the afternoon at the Toyota Center watching a double header basketball extravaganza. Texas played Michigan State and the Aggies played LSU. I will not mention the scores here. Anyway, we got all of our teams covered in one sporting event! Then there was the birthday dinner at Goode Company Barbeque....only in a Texas BBQ restaurant could you get a shot like this! (By the way, I am sure by now you have noticed Will's "Holiday Mustache". Just a vacation thing, he reassures me! Whatever...it's only hair, whether it's on a lip or on the head!) I cried at church last week. It was so beautiful...the music, the place and, most of all, the people. Makes me remember, no matter where you are, freedom to worship is a precious gift. One that I will not soon take for granted again. And, when I get back here to SL for good, will you guys help me remember I said that?? I am looking forward to the weeks ahead....I WILL keep you posted!



>

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Merry Christmas to the Shrull household. I'm so glad you are all together. I know how special it will be for Sam to have his big "bubbas" around. ENJOY!

M J said...

Merry Christmas Kim! I really enjoyed meeting you for coffee. I am counting down the days until we can do it more often like we have in the past.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

What a blessed holiday it was to have y'all home. Jameson enjoyed hanging with his buddy and Debra loved being with her Ms. Kim. I loved visiting over Mexican food and Margaritas; storing up many wonderful memories to last us until June. You are close in our hearts and prayers.