Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Sweet Rocky







Many of you know our sweet Rocky dog. He has been a part of our family for 10 years.....straight from the Humane Society to Rosebay Court. We were so sad that we were not able to bring him along when we moved to Doha. Boxers are on the banned dog list here! We kept saying, "If they only knew him, they would love him!" My dear sister and family adopted Rocky...he moved to San Antonio for a few months. Then, when Will graduated and moved back into our Sugar Land house, Rocky moved back home. Of course, we have been with him every homeleave. Best situation possible, given the circumstances.



Recently, very recently, Rocky fell quite ill. He began losing weight and was having trouble breathing. Since Will was out of town this past weekend, Mom and Don took Rocky to the vet and the news was not good. Our sweet dog would not recover from his illness and he was suffering. A tearful decision was made over the phone to let Rocky go in peace. We will return to Sugar Land for the Christmas holidays to a house without our Rocky dog.


I am smiling as I write this. Rocky was such a good boy and so much fun. The unresolved dental issues, the front door and back gate greetings, chasing the flashlight, walks around the lake that always involved duck chasing, family Christmas photos, sitting and laying down for treats, not to mention catching them in the air...just a few of the good memories.

We will miss Rocky more than we can say. We are so grateful for the fun and love he brought into our lives. Thanks for listening...or guess I should I say reading.


Love,
Kim, Keith, Will, Jake and Sam


7 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm sorry that your sweet Rocky is gone.

I tagged you on my blog. Come over to see what to do.

Lynn

Ellen said...

Oh, Kim. I'm so sorry! I know how hard it is to have to make that choice! But, you did the most loving thing possible. What a wonderful dog whom you helped. Thanks for sharing the photos and memories.
Blessings,
Ellen

Just Me said...

You know they say, "All dogs go to Heaven". Enjoy, Rocky!

Karen said...

Oh Kim, I'm so sad for you but thankful for Rocky's release. I can't even imagine losing my sweet Buddy. Love you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Rocky..I have a 10 yr. old cat and am dreading "that day." I hope you can find a critter over that to take care of..
lizard, camel or something more cuddley.
Love and miss you,
Jan

THE GARCIAS IN THE DESERT..... said...

Our sympathy to you all. We acquired our dog, Layla, here in Doha; and life for her has been a bit rough because of the heat. I believe it may have been a good thing that ROCKY (love that name, btw) was in the place he was familiar with and am sure he loved!! ;)

Gina and Michael said...

Oh that is not how I thought the story was going to turn out when I started. I am so sorry to hear about Rocky but know you made the best decision for him.