Kim J., Karen (our friend from college), Kim S.
I had a wonderful time chatting with my sweet friend Kim from Houston the other night. I have known Kim longer than I have known Keith, if you can believe that. We first met our freshman year in high school, in 1971. I am pretty sure Kim knows everything about me. That's what happens when you room together all through college, are in each other's weddings, share the same name and both have 3 boys. Kim's mom was like a second mom to me. Mama Frog will always occupy a big chunk of my heart. Anyway, I am little off the track...
Kim asked if I had ever thought about blogging a list of some of the things that are different about Doha. No blog is big enough to hold the whole list, but here is my attempt to at least share some of what I have learned from what is different about life here. It's surprisingly simple!

You can live without 95% of your own household stuff for at least two years. (Real proof that it's only stuff.) Houston drivers are wonderful compared to the situation I am currently in. You can almost understand Italian even when you don't know a word of the language, but Arabic is another story. Mints, gum and pills are just as good for change as coins are. In Qatar, when your kid has an out of town game, it is also out of the country. Church is the people, not the building. And you can run a Sund
There is much more that I have learned, but if I share it all now, I won't have any ideas for Everythi ng I Need to Know....Part 3!

(sunset photo by my neighbor Adrian)
4 comments:
Well said, Kim!
Great observations from my wonderful and wise sister! Kim, out of sight REALLY is not out of mind. We think of y'all often and look forward to seeing your smiling faces back here in Texas. Much love to you all and thanks for sharing....
Mark and Sandy
Kim, reading this makes me even more thankful for all the things I take for granted. Miss you, but you're always in my heart! LA
This is so true, every single part! Love it!
Post a Comment