Thursday, January 22, 2009

Time Flies....


The year was 1985. TWENTY FOUR years ago...hard to believe! I think I was in labor for at least TWENTY FOUR hours. It seemed that way, anyway, after the c-section was completed. Then there he was, our perfect little son. Well, maybe not little at 9 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long. But certainly perfect. It was love at first sight for Keith and for me. William Robert Shrull, a.k.a. Billy Bob, our firstborn, had entered the world. Life has never been the same. If I were in Texas, I would dig through the picture cabinet and drag out the baby pictures. But, I'm not so I won't. Suffice it to say, our baby's all grown up! We are proud of him and would give anything to be at home to celebrate. I am sure we would fire up the grill and cook up some steaks. The Birthday Song and birthday cake. Of course the traditional (yes, we have birthday traditions, too!) birthday banner and balloons on the breakfast nook shutters. And get out the red "You are special today" plate. Will, we love you more than all of the stars in the sky. Happy Birthday, Precious One!




















2 comments:

maytag said...

Aaaaawwwwwweeeeeeeeee!!!!!! That's so sweet Sister. I know it must be so gratifying to see you're baby turning into such a fine young man. Love to you Kim.

Mark and Sandy

Kerry said...

It's going to go by too fast. It already has. Before I know it, Becca is going to be walking that stage, too. I'm not going to be able to listen to that song now without crying!

Kerry