Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March Madness! (Basketball Part 2)



Some weeks back, American School of Doha hosted the EMAC (Eastern Mediterranean Activities Conference) Varsity Basketball tournament. If you recall, Sam participated in the JV version of the same tournament in Dubai in February. Now it was our turn to "pay back" and host some players in our home. We were fortunate enough to welcome Can and Arjun from Dubai to the pink villa. They were absolutely a pleasure to have. And I, June Cleaver that I am, loved cooking, washing, providing snacks, transporting and providing a warm place to sleep for these two guys. I had three boys in the house again, if even just for a few days.

Can (second from left) and Arjun (third from right) with Sam, friend and fellow ASD'er Taylor (right) and his guests

The tournament was great fun. Three days filled with basketball excitement. It was a real treat to have the tournament at our school. A lot of work, but a blessing. We are in a unique situation in Doha. We don't get quite as many chances to get out and show school spirit as schools in the US might have. This was our chance and ADS shined! It was soooo much fun to see the kids really revved (right spelling...I checked Dictionary.com) up for their team. And my darling Sam was right in the big middle of it all, right alongside his buddies Will, Jake and Matt.


Great fun, great memories. I will never look at March Madness the same way!


Zach





2 comments:

Sher said...

ooooooooo fancy new blog border... cool June.

Just Me said...

What a wonderful experience for Sam. Great pics, too!