Thursday, September 25, 2008

Market Monday





I wish I could say that every Monday I went to the market to prepare for the week. That would mean that I am really organized. Although I cannot, with a clear conscience, tell you that Monday is always a market day, I can tell you that I did go to a market this past Monday. May not be what you think of when you conjure up thoughts of "market". But, only in Doha....

I met my sweet friend Julie and new friends Ellen and Ann and we headed to the plant souqs. It was time for a little color. Call us crazy, but we did buy a few plants, thinking that soon it would be cooling off enough for them to flourish. The plant souqs here are a little different from nurseries in Texas....they are of the drive through variety. You have heard me mention honk chicken. Well, you can also get honk plants. Just pull on up and lay on the horn. Voila! Instant garden. This particular plant souq area also offers fresh (?) fruits and veggies, dried seafood delicacies and baskets. See for yourself!














Julie is involved in a senior class fundraiser at the American School....a pumpkin patch. She is in charge of making the scarecrows. No small feat here in the Middle East. So, after the drive through plant souqs, we headed to the nearby animal market in search of hay. Oh, we found hay, allright. A few other intersting things as well.












Now, lest you think that all we do is run around from adventure to adventure here in Doha, look here.....





I do have some responsibilities in my expat wife world!!!

No comments: