
Oh, what a night! Last Thursday Keith and I joined three other "fun" couples for an evening of food and frolic, Arabic style. We attended a Suhoor Meal at the Ritz Hotel. The Suhoor is the late night Ramadan meal. Traditionally, the day long fast is broken at sunset with the Iftar meal, usually something light. After Iftar, men scurry to the mosques for the evening prayer (you don't want to be on the roads then!) and then to various locations with their families
for the Suhoor Feast. Our meal at the Ritz was certainly a feast and some of the best food I've had here. But what about the frolic, you ask??? Besides our friends, there were lots of other ways we were afforded a laugh or two. There was a magician, a juggler, a whirling dirvish (that guy spun around for easily 30 minutes!), henna, a falcon and, of course, the shesha (which I affectionately refer to as the Arabic cigar) for those who wished to partake. We came, we saw and we laughed our way through! No wonder these guys do this every night of Ramadan....it's so much fun!

3 comments:
OMG...a night of frolic and fun, it was! I know it will go down in the best of my Doha days. Thanks for the memories!
Hi Kim, I love keeping up on you and the family through your blog. thanks for sending. Chris Scherwin
I AM GLAD YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING YOURSELVES SO MUCH! YOU MAKE LIFE IN THE U.S. LOOK BORING! I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOGS AND SEE ALL OF THE GREAT PICTURES! TAKE CARE AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS ALL OF YOUR ADVENTURES!
LOVE, TAMMY
Post a Comment