Wednesday, March 11, 2009

June Cleaver Does NOT Live Here!


I have recently been accused by my friend and fellow blogger, Sybil, of being June Cleaver. I know many of you are chuckling right now. Okay, you are down right belly laughing and rolling on the floor! For one thing, I do not wear pearls and a dress while I am vacuuming. I would never name my child Beaver, I don't cook EVERY night and I can have a bit of a bad girl streak on occasion. Interpret bad girl as you will. Tonight, it is honk chicken for dinner. I actually did not honk to get my chicken, though. I got out of the car and walked to the chicken stall. Or, should I say, the chicken stall worker walked to me. I got 5 shwarmas (like a warm chicken wrap but in Arabic bread) and a roasted chicken for 35 riyals, or about 10 dollars. Getting a bargin does sound like something June might do, but slapping those shwarmas on a plastic plate and sitting around the coffee table to eat 'em while watching t.v. certainly does not!!!


















P.S. I may just order delivery from McDonald's tomorrow night. How about them apples???



5 comments:

Gina and Michael said...

Too funny! I must admit that I too used to get out, but I have become a bit too comfortable with the "Doha Ways"! From now on...I HONK right along with them! ;-)

BTW-Order a pizza tomorrow...the thought of McDonalds delivered...UGH...GROSS! ;-)

Just Me said...

I'm so proud of you, June, er I mean Kim. Do you need Mickey D's number?

LA said...

I would love to honk for chicken - Sugar Land is pretty ethnic, so maybe one day!

Lynn said...

I love honk chicken...never heard it called that...we just call them the chicken men...

yummy

Sher said...

Yes I laughed loud, didn't roll on the floor though. Nice choice of songs, you BAD girl... June.