(lullaby for Moses from the movie The Prince of Egypt)

Our trip to
Egypt was amazing. For the American School spring break last week, Keith, Sam and I were blessed to take a six day excursion exploring a small par
stance ones through a zoom lens, but such beauty transcends distance. As we moved up the Nile at a speed of about 16 knots per hour, I observed farmers tending their livestock, mothers chasing their kids out of the water (guess it was tea time!), men and women tranporting goods from one place to another, donkeys and carts resting from a long and hard day's work. It was life, not as we know it, but as the people of the Nile know it.I also really enjoyed getting to know the folks on board the ship. There were two Australian families, one with four boys. There was a family of Pakastani heritage who is currently living in Saudi Arabia but had moved there, are you ready for this, from Katy, Texas! One Irish lady was married to an Egyptian gentleman whose parents (his mother British and his dad Egyptian, of course) were cruising with them. The Irish/Egyptian family is currently living in Viet Nam. Talk about an international clan! A couple from Canada had been travelling since October.

(Before I wrote this post, I had chosen the song below to accompany the words. It just didn't seem to fit once I had actually finished the story. Just the same, I thought you might get a kick out of it. Click on the arrow to enjoy!)
1 comment:
And I thought laundry was a chore!
Much love to you and yours.
Cheryl
Post a Comment