
The sec
ond field trip was to the outdoor markets on the following Thursday. First, the fruit and veggie market. Wonderful, beautiful color everywhere! Kind of like Whole Foods on steroids! I was not even in the entrance to the market when I had made a new friend. And to think I was naive enough to believe that I was just sitting down to have my picture taken! (Oh well, not the
first old man from a foreign country that has kissed me o
n the cheek, right Mom and Lou Ann??) Once inside the market, the almost invisible Pixel Chicks (not!) began to snap away. Just imagine...five American women with big cameras taking pictures of zuchinni and apples! We had a great time, learned a few things from Mother Hen Sherry and each other and got some
really great photos. Mohammed was our wheelbarrow operator. He made sure we did not ever have to touch the produce until we unloaded it from the car! Followed us all around with his faithful two wheeler. Next stop...the Fish Market. Ah, the aroma of fish in the morning! Never have I seen anyplace like it. Lots of fresh local seafood - fish, shrimp, crab, squid. All of it could be purchased
and then cleaned for you, right there on the spot. There was the fish chop chop room (so named because of the chopping noise of the hatchets used to....well, you know.) Or, if shrimp is your sea
creature du jour, you just take them out to the back covered area for some quick peeling. However, beware of incoming squid. Men were unloading boxes of squid and throwing them on the drain near my feet, black ink and all.
ond field trip was to the outdoor markets on the following Thursday. First, the fruit and veggie market. Wonderful, beautiful color everywhere! Kind of like Whole Foods on steroids! I was not even in the entrance to the market when I had made a new friend. And to think I was naive enough to believe that I was just sitting down to have my picture taken! (Oh well, not the Once all of our "business" was done, we were out of there and on to new adventures. Adventures like the conversation we had with the lady right outside of the fish market. I never had so much fun photographing someone's hands. She had a whole bag full of crabs and informed us that those unlikely creatures were a cure for bedwetting. You DO learn something new everyday!
I am just grateful for the view I am getting of the world from this perspective. Texas may be the center of the universe, but there is a lot of interesting and fun stuff out there! I thank God for an extended world view. And a big view it is!
2 comments:
Nice pics, pixel chick!! Can't wait to see your Egypt ones. Welcome back! :)
Great pictures Kim...wonderful model as well..you are too cute!
Post a Comment